You have an accepted offer on a new home and are excited to close, move in and make it your own.
Naturally, you start looking at furniture. Your new home needs a new couch, and the living room is the perfect size for a great sectional. AND, if you “buy today,” you can also get a new flat screen television to hang above the fireplace and ALL for zero down and no interest for one year.
Buying a new home is an exciting time. Beware and don’t make purchases or open credit accounts that may impact the final credit check by your lender.
- Don’t change your employment status.
- Don’t make any major purchases (cars, furniture, home theater, vacations, etc.).
- Don’t increase your credit card debt or miss any payments
- Don’t change bank accounts or make undisclosed large deposits.
- Don’t apply for a credit card, co-sign a loan or make a credit inquiry.
- Don’t spend money you have set aside for closing – not any, not ever.
- Don’t delay in providing all paperwork asked for by the mortgage company.
SECURE THE LOAN — CLOSE ON YOUR HOME!
|* Keller, Gary (2010). Shift. Rellek Publishing Partners, Ltd.|