By Chris Muellenbach
Chris@MKE-RealEstate.com December 19, 2016
The spring market is real estate’s gold standard. Considered the optimal time of year to list residential real estate for sale, it is the undisputed champion season to list and sell.
But, here are five honest and legitimate strategy considerations you should ponder during the winter months.
5. People looking at homes during the winter months tend to be serious buyers. There are not many “tire-kickers” braving the cold and snow, folks looking at properties through the winter elements often are buyers.
4. January is a popular month for employees starting new jobs and relocating. Most transferees would rather not rent short-term options and wait for the spring market, they prefer to buy now and be settled.
3. The fear of increasing interest rates are motiving buyers to act.
2. Most people think they should wait until March or April to list their property. Consider listing in January, after the holidays and before the increased competition of spring listings hit the market while your property is still one of only a limited number of new properties.
1. Single family home and condo inventories in popular metro Milwaukee communities are lower than they have been in almost a decade. Buyers are literally sitting by their computers refreshing home buying websites and waiting for new properties to hit the market.