A home is typically the most expensive business transaction someone will be involved with in their life. Unfortunately, many people ask more questions when getting their hair cut than they do buying and selling their home.
Do your research and make an educated decision when choosing your agent.
Here are Five of the of the most common questions I am asked by sellers.
1. How many years of real estate experience do you have?
- 10 years of full-time experience as a brokerage owner and Realtor
2. Do you have a marketing plan to sell my home?
- I will provide you with an 8-week marketing plan detailing how we will generate excitement prior to the listing going live through the first 8 weeks.
3. Can you help me determine what needs to be done prior to listing my home?
- Yes, I will offer my advice on maintenance, decluttering, cosmetics and staging.
4. Do you provide feedback while the home is listed and after showings?
- I will provide weekly feedback on open houses, phone calls, Internet searches and website views on your property. After each showing, I will gather feedback from all potential buyers and that information will be shared with you.
5. How long will it take to sell my home?
- Days on market is the number of days a listing is active in a multiple listing service before it is entered into “pending” status. Pending status is when an offer has been accepted by the seller but the transaction is not yet closed. According to Milwaukee, Metro MLS, Combined Days on Market for October 2016, was 83 days vs 103 days in October 2015:
- We will review the average number of days it has taken similar homes in your neighborhood to sell. That, combined with proper pricing, current market conditions and activity will give you a good idea of how long it should take to sell.